Congratulations on the upcoming baptism of your child! This is a very joyous Sacrament for the entire family and confirms your strong commitment to your Catholic faith.
Below are a list of the necessary steps for parents and godparents:
1. Register in the Parish. Parents of the child to be baptized at St. Helen Church must be registered at the Parish. If you are not already registered, please do so as soon as possible. If you are registered at another Catholic Church, we will need a “letter of permission” to baptize from your Pastor.
2. Selecting Godparents. Godparents play a very important role in your child’s spiritual life. They should serve as role models of the Catholic faith. Additionally, they represent the larger Church community. Please use the criteria below when choosing your Godparents:
- A Godfather and Godmother must be one male and one female. We encourage you to select two Catholic Godparents, but only one is required.
- This Godparent MUST be Catholic, registered at a Church and practicing their faith, and have received all their Sacraments to include Confirmation, and, if married, married in the Catholic Church.
- Godparent must be at least 16 yrs. old.
3. View the Baptism Preparation Video Series. Please watch REBORN which is a preparation program that can be accessed on www.Formed.org.
- Go to www.formed.org
- Click Sign Up
- Click “I belong” and type in dd5737 or St. Helen 2085 Tallahassee VB
- Click “Create New Account”
- Enter you name and email. You are now registered!
- Go to “Sacraments” and then “Reborn”
- Please view ALL of the videos. Thank you!
4. Schedule your Baptism meeting with the DRE, through the Religious Education Office.
5. Baptisms are scheduled individually through the Religious Education Office.
6. Paperwork: You may download & print your Baptism application found below. Paperwork must be completed & turned in to the office no later than 1 week prior to your baptism date.
7. A certificate will be mailed to you a few weeks after the baptism.
Please complete the three forms above and return to St. Helen Religious Education at 2005 Tallahassee Ave. Phone: 772-562-5954