Make the Sign of the Cross and say: In the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
Say the Apostles’ Creed: I believe in God the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth; and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord, Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried. He descended into hell, and on the third day He rose again from the dead. He ascended into heaven, sits at the right hand of God, the Father Almighty. From thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Holy Catholic Church, the communion of Saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting. Amen
Say one Our Father: Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.
Say three Hail Marys: Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
Say one Glory Be: Glory be to the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
Say one Oh My Jesus: O my Jesus, have mercy on us. Forgive us our sins. Save us from the fires of hell. Take all souls into heaven, especially, those most in need of thy mercy. Amen.
Announce the 1st Mystery (see the sections below for the different mysteries)
Say one Our Father
Say ten Hail Marys while meditating on the Mystery
Say one Glory Be
Say one Oh my Jesus
Continue the same order for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th Mysteries
After the last decade say the Hail Holy Queen: Hail, holy Queen, Mother of Mercy: hail, our life, our sweetness and our hope. To you we cry poor banished children of Eve, to you we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn then, O most gracious advocate, your eyes of mercy towards us and after this, our exile, show us the blessed fruit of your womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary. Pray for us, O holy Mother of God. That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.
Conclude with the following prayer: Let us pray. O God, whose only begotten Son, by His life, death, and resurrection, has purchased for us the rewards of eternal life, grant, we beseech Thee, that meditating upon these mysteries of the most holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary, we may imitate what they contain and obtain what they promise, through the same Christ Our Lord. Amen.
Make the Sign of the Cross
The Mysteries of the Rosary
Joyful Mysteries——Monday & Saturday
- The Annunciation—-Humility
- The Visitation—-Love of Neighbor
- The Birth of Jesus—-Poverty
- The Presentation—-Obedience
- The Finding of the Child Jesus in the Temple—-Joy in Finding Jesus
Sorrowful Mysteries——Tuesday & Friday
- The Agony in the Garden—-Sorrow for Sin
- The Scourging at the Pillar—-Purity
- The Crowning of Thorns—-Courage
- The Carrying of the Cross—-Patience
- The Crucifixion—-Perseverance
Glorious Mysteries——Sunday & Wednesday
- The Resurrection—-Faith
- The Ascension—-Hope
- The Descent of the Holy Spirit—-Love of God
- The Assumption of Mary—-Grace of a Happy Death
- The Coronation of Mary—-Trust in Mary’s Intercession
- The Baptism of Jesus—-Openness to the Holy Spirit
- The Wedding at Cana—-To Jesus Through Mary
- Proclaiming the Kingdom of God—-Repentance and Trust in God
- The Transfiguration of Jesus—-Desire for Holiness
- The Institution of the Eucharist—-Adoration