This page is meant to keep our parishioners informed of ongoing projects on the St. Helen Campus.
OCTOBER 2019: This is the quarterly update on the efforts of the St. Helen Planning Committee. Any comments, questions or concerns are welcome to be directed to Fr. Nelson or Deacon Dave at the Church office, 772-567-5129.
Relocation of Religious Education and the Outreach Ministry from the Christian Living Center (“CLC”) There is no change to report here as both ministries are operating well. We continue to plan to collaborate with United Against Poverty (“UP”) in their new location most likely beginning early in 2020.
1. The final painting of the dome in the Baldacchino in the sanctuary will be completed in the fall.
2. Plans for modification to the altar railing and the ambo in the sanctuary consistent with the new altar are being finalized.
3. Plans for a retractable screen to be used in the church for video presentations are still in process.
4. The completion of the improvements to the inside of the church, referred to as Phase II-Nave, are under consideration and will be discussed with the Steier Group with the items noted at the end of this update.
5. The improvements to the St. Helen pavilion will be completed in the fall. We experienced delays in ordering blank tiles in order to complete the design around the pavilion.
Development of a Master Plan
1. An architect was engaged to present a site/building plan for a new school building on the Church property along Tallahassee Avenue. As of this date a cost estimate for the new school building was under review. It is planned that the Steier Group, which previously did a feasibility study for the Church, will do a survey of parishioners in the fall of 2019 once the final plans are agreed to and a cost estimate finalized.
2. In conjunction with parishioners considering the building of a new school building, certain improvements will need to be scheduled to address needed maintenance items of the Church property and the refitting of the existing school building space for Church and ministry use. Included in the maintenance items for consideration would be the new roof on the Parish Center, replacement of the air conditioner units in the Parish Center and repaving of our parking areas.
The plans for a new school building and other changes are very preliminary. The comments, questions, and suggestions of all parishioners are an important part of the process. Once definitive plans are completed all registered parishioners will be advised and asked to provide input.